Morveren House is an exceptional Arts & Crafts residence built by Sir Edward Hain in 1909. Sir Edward was the MP for St Ives and a preeminent businessman who owned the Hain Steam Ship Company which was eventually incorporated into P&O.
It is located in the peaceful hamlet of Trowan which is just a short walk or drive from St Ives. Trowan dates back to the 1300s and clusters around the original well. It is in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty which stretches along the coast to Zennor and beyond.
It is most generously proportioned and has plentiful windows with some lovely countryside and sea views. Downstairs it has a beautiful panelled lounge with granite fireplace, modern sitting room, large kitchen-diner with folding-slding doors to a west facing patio, dramatic entrance hall with hand crafted staircase, storm porch, laundry room and cloakroom. Upstairs there are 4 double bedrooms two of which have ensuite bathrooms and a family bathroom. The house has wonderful well stocked gardens.